Only the following individuals may participate as competitors in the 2017 University Nationals:
1. Students who are currently officially registered as proceeding towards a degree or diploma at a university or similar institute whose status is recognized by the appropriate national academic authority of their country.
2. Former students of the institutions mentioned above who have obtained their academic degree or diploma in the year preceding the event.
All competitors must be U.S. citizens. They must be at least 17 and less than 28 years of age on January 1, 2017. Athletes must have graduated from high school in 2016 or before. 2017 graduates are not eligible.
The 2016-2017 Membership Year begins September 1st, 2016 and goes through August 31, 2017
USA WRESTLING ATHLETE MEMBERSHIP:
Athletes MUST present proof of current USA Wrestling Membership Card (actual card or photo copy) at registration AND weigh-ins. If you do not have a copy of your USA Wrestling Membership Card, please contact your State Membership Director prior to the event. USA Wrestling Athlete Membership Cards can be acquired from the State Chairperson or State Membership Director of the contestant's state of residence or online (click HERE).
USA WRESTLING COACH MEMBERSHIP:
All coaches that wish to gain access to the competition floor to coach athletes must have a current USA Wrestling Coaches Card. All USA Wrestling Coaches Membership Cards MUST be attained prior to the event, due to mandatory background checking. For a Coaches Membership Card, please click HERE. PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 30 DAYS FOR COMPLETION OF USAW COACHES MEMBERSHIP/BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS. Coaches passes will be sold for $10. UWW Cadet coaches must be Bronze certified.
Top eight (8) place winners at this event qualify for:
UWW Cadets born 2001-2002:
- Qualifies for Cadet Nationals in the same style
- Qualifier for Junior Nationals in the same style (if they are in high school)
UWW Cadets born 2000:
- Qualifies for Junior Nationals in the same style
Athletes must still adhere to all state policies and you qualify in the style in which you place. The Vaughan Junior & Cadet National Championships will be held in Fargo, ND, from July 14-22.