JUNIOR, CADET and KIDS DIVISION ONLY: Contestants are randomly drawn by computer. Wrestlers from the same state will be separated. One (1) pool will be used for brackets with fewer than six (6) competitors and two (2) pools will be employed if there are six (6) or more entrants in any given weight class.
Junior Division: Line bracketing.
Kids & Cadet Divisions: Line bracketing.
In the event of a tie between two or more participants in a round-robin, the
following criteria shall be used to break the tie:
1. If two participants are tied, the head-to-head outcome will determine
2. Cumulative activity points (2 – Fall, Inj. Default, Forfeit, WBD; 1.5 –
Technical Fall; 1 – Major decision (if applicable)).
3. Most pins.
4. Most technical falls.
5. Fastest time of falls (cumulative).
6. Fastest time of technical falls (cumulative).
7. Most match points.
8. Lowest contestant weight.
BRACKET CHANGES WILL BE MADE UP UNTIL 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE START OF THE WRESTLING SESSION.
Please contact the tournament director with any issues (ie: wrestler missing from bracket or incorrect weight) by email at least 2 HOURS PRIOR to the start of the wrestling session or please come to the headtable.
BRACKET CHANGES WILL BE MADE UP UNTIL 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE START OF THE WRESTLING SESSION. Please contact the tournament director with any issues (ie: wrestler missing from bracket or incorrect weight) by email at least 2 HOURS PRIOR to the start of the wrestling session or please come to the headtable.
National Federation of State High School Association scoring rules with USA Wrestling modifications will govern the competition. These USA Wrestling modifications include the following:
- Headgear is REQUIRED for wrestlers Schoolboy and younger
- Mouth guards are not required for wrestlers (even wrestlers with braces)
- Rest time in between matches is a minimum of 15 minutes
- A match can be started when a wrestler does not have a coach
- The double arm bar with sit out is illegal for Schoolboy/girl age division and down
USA Wrestling rules governing ages, weights and match time will take precedence where applicable. USA Wrestling Protest Procedures will govern all challenges, and where available video review will be used to aid in the decision making process.
Video Review will be used for UWW Cadets Pan American Trials final matches only