Competitors must wear the singlet approved by their state association for this particular event. Any singlet with the state name, initials or other identifying logo must be the name, initial or logo of that state.
The Junior Olympic Wrestling Committee has passed that singlets mimicking the UWW color scheme be allowed for USA Wrestling regional and national championships in 2018.
You will see the specific colors for singlets allowed, provided that the leg bands and band on the back of the singlet meet the criteria listed below.
- The dominant color of blue singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: black, blue, green, grey, purple or silver.
- The dominant color of red singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: white, orange, pink, red, yellow, brown or gold.
- All state singlets shall have a total of three (3) markings consisting of:
- Two 7 cm bands, one on each leg, shall be positioned across the bottom edge of the leg. For clear distinction, the marking shall cover the circumference of the leg.
- One 7 cm band positioned on the backside of the upper torso. The band shall be exclusively placed on the back half of the singlet (not visible on the front half).
- The three markings must remain untouched from any graphic, logo or third party identification.
- The red markings shall be Pantone 2347C and blue markings shall be Pantone 299C.
To be clear, these singlets are allowed but not required, meaning the predominantly red and predominantly blue singlets from previous years still are valid as well.